Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Volition by Shawn Maravel

""I always thought the world made sense, Charlotte, that there are certain things that will just never be," he leaned his head against mine "that the sky and the earth run parrellel to one another, never meant to touch. But that's not true. They've always been embracing it's just so natural we never notice it before.""

Goodreads.com Synopsis:
Charlotte Rush would be the first to admit that her life is no rollercoaster ride. Her days are laced with ordinary and at times boring monotony. But with a heart that finds itself frequently broken she's happy to say that she's content.

When her friends convince her to spend the night out at a club to let loose and maybe even find a guy, she finally admits that her life might be missing something.

No sooner does she let go of her inhibitions does she find herself waking up in a dark hotel room in the presence of Joel, a man who carries mystery in his eyes and familiarity in his smile. Against reason Charlotte decides to trust him based solely on one thing. Somehow, she is sure that she knows him.

In a race against time to find answers and to solve the crime committed against her Charlotte finds herself falling for him. However, with nothing but mystery surrounding him she can't even be sure that he's the hero at all. While knowing all of the right things to say he still manages to tell her nothing. As a battle is waged over the innocence of her cryptic stranger, Charlotte discovers that much greater danger awaits her. And the mysteries behind who and what Joel is will lead Charlotte to discover that heaven and earth are not so far apart.

********

I have been waiting to have Volition and Severence ever since Shawn Maravel befriended me on Goodreads, and when I read Hayley's blog, Ya-Aholic. I saw that is was about angels and instantly fell in love even though I never even read the words written yet. Angels and anything to do with angels is my very deep obsession ever since I had a couple freak accidents that were too bizarre to explain how I came out with just a few scars to hardly no scars at all. Being a bit religious, I automatically assumed I had a very generous guardian angel, and being the hopeless romantic that I am, I love the romantic stories between an angel and a human being. Shawn Maravel's assumption on angels had me yearning for ever word of this story. The chemistry and emotions between Joel and Charlotte was so astonishing I had to remind myself that they were not real and just character. Shawn created a very beautiful love story between a guardian angel and the love of his life, the very reason he exist.

Charlotte is a 23 year old college senior, who has had her hear broken countless times by nothing but jerks. It is very hard to trust any guy for that matter. Until she meets Joel, in the most strangest of circumstances. She instantly trusts him, even when her friends don't, and she seems to know him from some where but cannot place where she has ever met this strange man. She would have remembered those green eyes even if she had met him before. She can't seem to reason why he is so shielded with information and why with every question he answers isn't quite what she was looking for. Even with the mystery that coats Joel, she can't help but fall for him and his strange ways.

Overall: This book was nothing short of amazing, and had me yearning for every word up until the very end. At first the story was slow, but picked up right when Joel entered the picture. The writing style was all Shawn and the plot along with characters were nothing but original. The plot was well thought out and even though I knew what Joel was from the geico it had me guessing if Joel could be trusted at first or if Joel really was what he said he was. I never saw the end coming and it had the most craziest twist I would have never prediced. I would recommend this book to any angel lover or any hopeless romantic and I would definitely read the second in the series, Severence.

Book cover: I love Shawn's new and approved cover rather than the one before, even though it was pretty as well. I feel this one is a lot more personal and has connection to the story. The green is very gorgeous and I love the harmonica.

No comments: