Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Monday, September 10, 2012

Providence Series by Jamie McGuire


Synopsis:

Providence & Requiem:
In the old world shadows of Providence, Rhode Island, Nina Grey finds herself the center of a war between Hell and Earth.

Struggling with her father’s recent death, Nina meets Jared Ryel by chance…or so she believes. Although his stunning good looks and mysterious talents are a welcome distraction, it soon becomes clear that Jared knows more about Nina than even her friends at Brown University. When questions outnumber answers, Jared risks everything to keep the woman he was born to save—by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.

When her father’s former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father is not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. Searching for the truth behind her father’s death, Nina stumbles upon something she never expected—something Hell wants—and only she holds the key.


Eden:
She had seen the unspeakable.
She would learn the unknowable.
Now, she would fight the invincible.

In the third and final installment of the Providence series, Nina Grey will marry the wrong man, carry the child that was never supposed to be born, and fight a war she can't win.

Faced with the impossible task of protecting his new wife and unborn child against the throes of Hell, Jared Ryel is allowed no mistakes. Pressured to return the Naissance de Demoniac to Jerusalem, he revisits St. Ann's to learn the answers were in front of him all along.

Together, they must survive long enough to let their child save them - and the world.


**********

Kindle has this awesome bundle for only $9.99! Believe me, it's definitely a steal!

The story starts off with Nina's father dying from a car accident. As she is leaving the funeral and in her own little world she notices a boy sitting next to her on a bench at the bus stop. The bus has already came and went, but Nina has no where else to be, she is lost. She meets Jared. A very sexy stranger, whom seems to be every where she is. Jared also seems to be harboring a very dangerous secret. Will Nina be able to handle the secret or will it send her screaming for the hills.

I liked how the first two stories are serious, but also fun. Those two were my favorite, but Eden was just tying up loose ends and saving the world from Hell taking over. Too serious, but also good.

I recommend these to people who like originality. Jamie McGuire knows how to dish out an original, emotional story, she just may be my new fave. :)

1 comment:

Valerie May said...

I love this, i will have to pick this up! I just found your blog and i love it....thus i am a new follower :) via the follow this site link :)

Also if you want you can check out my new blog?

www.a-creative.conscience.blogspot.com

Many thanks
Valers :) x