Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Monday, September 10, 2012

Dark Veil by S.L. Naeole


Synopsis:

Fallon Timmons didn't know what to expect from the small island her adopted parents grew up on, but whatever it was, she thought she was prepared for it. Then Liam appeared, all teeth and venom, with a warning to stay away from his sister Audrey and from him. It was a warning that she was not going to heed, no matter what the strangely attractive boy said.

Liam Mace was used to seeing the tourists on the Rock, and looked especially forward to them leaving. But Fallon wasn't leaving. In fact, she was staying. Worse, his sister was growing attached to her, and that was never a good thing...

You never become attached to your food.

Black Cat Rock, or the Rock as it is called, is the home of the Panthus, shape-shifting cats of magnificent size and strength who live in their human skins only to protect their secret. During the day they catch fish to sell, or wait on and serve the tourists who come to visit their island, but at night, the fangs come out and the hunt begins as tourist becomes prey.



****************

The synopsis is longer than this book! Ha. Any way, this was a pretty short read for being a S.L. Naeole book. She is a sucker for amazing detail and imagery, and this was no different. I really, really, REALLY wanted to like this book, and the characters, but I just couldn't. The story is amazing and original like always, but the ending was adrupt, with no real resolution. The two main characters; Fallon and Liam spent the whole book hating and fighting chemistry between each other and all of a sudden then they decide to be together? Then the end is snippets of them coming out to the whole town that they are together? It just left me with more questions than answers. I really don't like Liam. He was a dirty dog (HAHAHAHA!) and he kept playing both girls until the end. We'll see what happens and if he can restore some dignity in the next book.
I do recommend, Naeole is my all time favorite author, and I will be reading the next book and hopefully it will be a hell of lot better like her other books!

No comments: