Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Monday, September 10, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Synopsis:

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


******************

Abby was to restart her life and image, and leave the unwanted past like it left her unwanted. Or so she wants to think and desperatle believe. Abby's friends take her to an underground fight club sort of thing where Abby first sees Travis. I about melted when Travis called her Pigeon. I never thought Pigeon could ever be edearing, but here is bad boy Travis making it happen. I like how Abby fought her attractions for Travis in the beginning and instead of giving him the cold shoulder and keeping her distance, she befriends him. They're best friends and you see how they fell in love but instead of talking about it, they both are stubborn and fight it just so they can keep thier friendship. There were a few things I didn't like about Abby, and Travis. I didn't like the fact Travis went back to his old habits and in front of Abby more or less. I wish Abby just grew a fucking back bone and told him how she felt! A lot of disaster could have been diverted, but makes up for the drama in the book. This was an emotionally fun ride. I enjoyed it more than I should have.
I recomment this to people who love raw emotions, hot sex, and angst! I cannot wait for the next installment! Walking Disaster, its Travis' POV! Should be interesting! Watch out for that one! :)

No comments: