Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh


Synopsis:

by
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.


****

Nevermore was amazing! You do not find many GREAT books that also deal with Edgar Allan Poe. I think I can die happy now, knowing someone out there has the same fascination of Poe as I do.

Bravo Kelly Creagh! Thank you so much for not being another author who down plays Poe's crazy, insane brilliance! I loved the back story of Poe, not to mention an amazing characters. I loved Isobel, and Varen. Isobel the cheerleader who only cares about (at the time) Nationals and hoping to win. Varen, that one weird, dark, handsome, don't-you-even-dare guy that sits in the back of the room, minding his own business. It was awesome watching Isobel grow from that blonde cheerleader, to let's kick some freakin' tail! Brilliant.

This is an orginal story and a breath of fresh air. It has everything in it! It really captures the time frame. It was a matter of weeks and Creagh made it seem like an enternity with how all of the amazing overwhelming events that transpired! While other authors speed up the process within two sentences, and never really captures the true feelings of the story. It had me wanting more! The ending is a cliff hanger and I am definitely holding my breath for the next installment!

Will she ever find Varen again! Let's hope so!!!!


Overall: Amazing read and every Edgar Allan Poe fan should read this! :)

No comments: