Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Friday, June 15, 2012

Share The < 3


Last Teaser Tuesday, Kristie Cook, author of the Soul Savers series (which I suggest you read if you haven't yet, because well one name pops into mind; Tristan)  revealed "Share the <3" and left us all wondering what in the world did it mean!? She went to say she is going to be starting a new campaign for a very speacial charity that is near and dear to her heart, as well it is to mine. So what does "Share the <3" mean, you might be asking yourself? Let's get serious for one second.

Domestic violence is a very big deal in my life and is not something I can easily talk about without getting either very angry, very emotional, or worse case, both. I have seen it first hand, and it is not pretty to watch someone you love very dearly get nearly killed. It was a turning point in my child hood and I am glad my Mom got out while she still could. I have had friends come to school/work with bruises they give excuses for. I've seen the difference between innocent accident bruises, and harmful caused bruises. The thing is not everyone can get out while they still can, and some have no where to go. They need help in the right direction and The National Domestic Violence Hotline is who they can call for this help.

Kristie is promising to donate $500 dollars once she sells 100,000th book! "For every 1,000 books sold past the 100,000 mark, up until July 30, 2012, I'll donate another $100." up to $2,000! That is amazing! This campaign Kristie is doing is for a very good cause I believe 110% in and I want to make a difference as much as I can. But we need as much help from others as well! This is where you lovelies come in. All you need to do it is Share the <3! Here is how!
  • Buy Kristie Cook's books! Get them on Amazon! Promise and Genesis are only 99c! Also, if you buy a book keep your reciepts because Kristie has a few things up her sleeve! ;) See below for more details!
  • If you have already bought the books, gift someone with these priceless gems! All retailers offer an awesome ebook gifting program now a days! ISN'T THAT AMAZING! :) Remember to keep the reciept!
  • Tell people of this cause to buy the books between now to July 30th! and tell them about the awesome bonus so they can keep thier reciepts!
  • SPREAD THE WORD! Tweet, blog, Facebook, or any other ways of communication! Does any one use carrier pigeons, or Myspace anymore? (HA!) Share about this amazing cause Kristie Cook is helping and to buy her books! Share the <3! Use the hashtag #TristanK3 and tweet it up! Any way possible let me people know!
To add more fun in the mix Kristie is going to throw goodies our way for helping!
  • Email Kristie (see below) a receipt for any of her books with the purchase date between today and July 30, 2012, and you'll be entered to win weekly giveaways of signed books by Kristie and various authors who have also donated, as well as to win a grand prize at the end!!!! So, these little dinky reciepts we take for granted are now very, very useful! :)
  • For everyone who makes a donation to The Hotline for $5 or more and email Kristie a receipt and their shipping address, She will send you a 4-pack of Soul Savers bookmarks! And for the first 25 she'll give you Soul Savers can-coozies!!!! That is just freaking cute.. :)
For everyone who helps, thank you very much. You may have just saved a sister, a mother, a daughter, a brother, a son, a father, ETC. This is a very great cause and I don't think I can stress that enough!

Kristie Cook's email: kristie (at) kristiecook (dot) com

No comments: