Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey



Synopsis:

The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.


*****

After reading the synopsis I thought this would be a cute, funny read. For the most part it was, but it also had a very serious side to it that I thought was just outstanding. Not many authors can write in this style. Funny, quirky, and yet have a serious tone when needed. At first Jessica really got on my nerves (I think its just the name, but who knows) because she was rude and hateful towards Lucius! But I think I would feel the same if I was just told I was an undead Princess and I am now going to marry some strange, creepy, yet also attractive guy. I mean that's just god awful to hear when you just became a senior in high school! There were times when I wanted to punch Lucius in the face as well, don't get me wrong. He irritated me more than anything. The thing with me though, is I don't let the stupidity of the characters get in the way of an awesomely written book, with a twisting plot and a total crazy ending! For me dealing with these two idiots was well worth it in the end!

Overall an amazing book and very well written. Beth Fantaskey did a suberb job and I look forward to reading the next book, Jessica Rules the Dark Side!

-Cassandra

No comments: