Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gossamer by S.L. Naeole

Where do I even begin?
Gossamer is about a girl, named Sophia who has had a bit of a rough past. She has jumped from home to home through the foster care system almost her entire life. And she is famously known in Oregon as the Blithe baby. Her mom was "crazy" had killed her husband and tried to kill Sophia while she was still in the womb, right after she was born, and again when she was only three. The story starts off with Sophia at a carnival with her foster sister, Astor, and boyfriend of three years, Jackson. Jackson tries to win Sophia a stuffed cow. This is where Dex comes in. Sigh... But only for like split twopointsevenseconds. Anywho, then Sophia finds out her district lines of schools has changed dramatically. She now has to go to Gossamer. Which is deemed as the "Perfect" school. Everyone there is perfect, gorgeous, and also down right mean as hell. Sophia does not fit in well and her rival Brea makes her time there hellish and back. Guess who else goes to this school? You got that right! Dex. Thank god. Guess who hits her with a car and smashes her skateboard to pieces? Dex.

This book was amazing. Ever since I read the first chapter a couple months ago, I could not wait to get my hands on this bad boy and go to town with it. Then, I started freaking out and thinking: "What if this book sucks??? What if Naeole does not live up to the high expectations I put her under! Well, she went above and beyond. Not only was this story amazing and original, it also has real life tragidies that a lot of females have to through. I love how she makes Sophia human. She is not too emotional and she is not made of glass. Naeole's characters react like humans! Not some robots Naeole has created. Amazing. And the love story! Do NOT get me started because I would go on for days! It had me wanting more of Sophia and Dex.

Cover: I love this, and now I know why there is a light house on the cover as well (Hint: Dex made it happen!)

Overall: Abso-freaking-lutely ah-maze-ing!!! Loved it!! I would recommend this book to everybody and anybody!!!! :) You will not be dissapointed in this story. Very original and amazing. And just when you think everything is done and there is going to be a happy ending! THINK AGAINNNNN!!!!!! Awesome. :)

No comments: