Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Friday, May 13, 2011

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Firelight. Where to start!

Jacinda is a draki. Descendents from dragons. She is also the first fire-breather in generations. Which makes her very special and important to her draki bretherans. They also want to rule her life. The story starts off fast and straight into actions. Jacinda and her friend, Az are breaking the rules by flying on the outside of the safety zone. Almost costing their lives. Hunters are after draki and all the amazing money within thier bones, blood, and whatever else. While she is hiding and wounded from the Hunters, Jacinda meets Will. This amazing gorgeous guy who doesn't turn her in, in fact he lets her go. When Jacinda finally gets away her mom takes her from the "Pride" (Where draki are safe and hidden from the world) and into the real world. This is where all the crazy shit takes place.

I really liked this story. Very original. I also love the fact about the whole draki/dragons thing. I thought I would not like it at first and then the story took me away. I could not put it down. Now, of course there were some things where I wish the author would have added more. Like Jacinda's relationship with her Dad, or Az. I wish she would have kind of had Jacinda think of a few more memories with them, or have Jacinda think "Hmmm, I wonder if Az ever got punished for flying with me that day?" It would have made a lot more sense if Az anf Jacinda were really that close like she later described in the book. I just think adding those memories with those selected characters would have made me feel more for Jacinda's dad, and supposedly best friend.

Over all: I loved EVERYTHING about this book. The characters were amazing, the story was original and amazing. I don't see where people were mad about soemthing about dragons and wolves. I don't see where those people made that connection. I will definitely read the second book when it comes out later this year!!!! :D

Book Cover: A++++ (I am a sucker for red hair. It just so pretty<3)

No comments: