Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Friday, May 13, 2011

Butterface by Gwen Hayes

Butterface is about a girl, named Beth with deepers scars on the inside on the outside. She has a birth defect which causes difiguration on the face. She has had plenty of surgeries, but still feels like she isn't "pretty" enough. Cue in heartthrob Soccer God, Lucky. Who has everything and is popular 101. He meets Beth at a 25/7 Breakfast Diner. She serves him and they begin a weird kind of friendship that turns into something more.

I overally all enjoyed this short read. I just connected with it could relate to Beth in so many ways. I suffered from shingles which left me scared pretty bad, not as bad as difiguration, but enough to where I was teased in school and have been called crater face way too many times to count. (kids are cruel!) I loved this and the characters. It really showed so much emotion and description for being such a short story. Beth was quirky and funny, and Lucky was sweet and charming. (It surprises me that there are actually really hot guys out there who are very down to earth, you just have to look in the right places!)

Over all: Amazing, would not change a thing. I would recommend this short read to anyone!!!

Cover: A+ It is so pretty and I love how it fits perfectly with the story! :)

No comments: