Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Fifty Shades Series by E. L. James

Synopsis:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating.  The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality.

This book is intended for mature audiences.

****************************************

I was very skeptical when I first heard of the Fifty Shades of Grey. I thought to myself, hmm. YA erotica. How? WHY WASN'T THIS AROUND WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL! Haha. I would have ate this shit up! I am by no means a prude, or a whore. I like to think of myself as the exception. I like to read about fairytales and love stories, but I also like the rawness of such stories. I truly believe The Fifty Shades series succesfully achieved what I am looking for in books. The sex could have a bit much, I mean, let a girl catch her barrings! I had to put it down and find my boyfriend a few times to cool off! Not that he was complaining much!

"Fuck the paperwork"

I had a few problems with Christian's attitude and a few of his actions. At one point in the second book I had to throw the book across the room and throw stuff to show just how upset I was with him and his actions. That, for me, would have the "make it0or break it" clause. I would have thrown in the towel and told him to go screw himself. If you read Fifty Shades Darker, you will understand why I am so upset. Of coarse, you cannot stay mad at Christain for too long, that's impossible! After a few heated words at the book, I picked it back up, apologized and continued reading. I blew through the first two like it was nothing and my boyfriend, Jay was surprised I could go through books like I did! I astounded him! These books are very raw and they show reality along with fantasy. Mostly fantasy because there is no way in a hell a man can produce that much, if you know what I mean!

I was surprised that I enjoyed these books, and I don't even give a shit that it was fan fic. If I wouldn't have been told this, I would have had no idea. These characters worked together and tested each other through out all three books. It is worth the sex and the drama, because the end is truly happy. The happiest I ever felt towards characters.

No comments: