Names Cassandra, nice to be aquainted;

My photo
I am 20 years old. I am currently going to University of Cincinnati to major in English. I have been an avid reader since I began reading at a very young age. I have decided to take up reviewing as a hobby and to never sell out! My biggest dream as of right now would be to become a very well-known published author. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do not be afraid to email me @ CassandraRichards25@gmail.com if you have any questions or if you would like for me to review your book! :D

Friday, August 10, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Synopsis:

Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


*****************

When I first read the synopsis for Anna Dressed in Blood, I about died from so much swooning over the cover and how it just caught my attention. Left me partially dizzy and a high I never wanted to come down from. I begged and pleaded with my work for overtime just so I could buy this book and devour it! (I recently just bought a brand new 2011 Toyato Corolla, dubbed Cora. We are in love.) I recently just moved in with my boyfriend and on one of our many amazing motorcycle rides I noticed we lived right down the street from a library! I NEVER LIVED SO CLOSE A LIBRARY BEFORE! I was in panic to hurry and check out their book selections! Man! Did they have a lot of amazing books! They also had Anna Dressed in Blood. I checked it out and got to reading! Man, I couldn't put it down!

At first it irrated me that his name is Cas. My name is Cassandra and a lot of people call me Cass. I don't really mind it, but reading about a guy named Cas really bugged me. Then, I realized how sexist that was and decided not to give a flying hoot. Right from the beginning Cas' charm, and wit won me over and I realized why Anna fell so hard! Though, there isn't a lot of LOVE as in swooning, kissing, and carressing like in so many YA's these days so it was a breath of fresh air. The originallity of this story was what did me in along with how funny the characters were! Even Anna, who died a horrible, tragic death. Poor thing. The only parts that bugged me is how there isn't a lot of information given to you. Why didn't Anna kill Cas, why was he the chosen one, what is with that british guy, and what in the world does some stupid cross make everyone all of a sudden really mean towards Cas. Hopefully these questions get answered in the next book, Girl of Nightmartes.

I sugguest you read this, it was original and funny. Kept me interested long enough to make me feel bad about neglecting my dogs!

No comments: